|Introductory Block|| |
|EDUU 510||Introduction to Teaching|| |
|EDUU 511||Collaboration For Inclusive Schooling|| |
|EDUU 512||The Art & Craft of Teaching|| |
|Introductory Block Subtotal|| |
|Content Area Block|| |
|EDSU 530||Theories, Methods, and Materials for Teaching English Learners|| |
|EDSU 531||Secondary Instructional Strategies for Language/Culturally Diverse Classrooms|| |
|EDSU 532||Effective Literacy Instruction for Single Subject Candidates|| |
|EDSU 533||Content Specific Strategies for Single Subjects (Series)|| |
|EDSU 534||Preparing 21st Century Learners: A Collaborative and Integrated Approach|| |
|Content Area Block Subtotal|| |
|Clinical Practice|| |
|EDSU 592||Directed Teaching I: Secondary School|| |
|EDUU 544||Student Teaching Seminar I|| |
|EDSU 593||Directed Teaching II: Secondary School|| |
|EDUU 545||Student Teaching Seminar II|| |
|or Internship|| |
|EDSU 590-A||Supported Teaching I: Secondary 2 School|| |
|EDSU 590-B||Supported Teaching I: Secondary 2 School|| |
|EDSU 590-C||Supported Teaching I: Secondary 2 School|| |
|EDSU 591-A||Supported Teaching II: Secondary 2 School|| |
|Intern Seminars|| |
|EDUU 556||Intern Seminar A|| |
|EDSU 557||Intern Seminar B|| |
|Clinical Practice Subtotal|| |
|Total Credits|| |
2042 Teaching Credential, Single Subject
Single Subject Program Overview
The 2042 Single Subject Teaching Credential program with an English Learner Authorization prepares you to be a successful, well-rounded educator. You will graduate prepared to use Common Core and other content standards to teach specific subjects in a departmentalized classroom in California with a focus on using advanced technology for today’s classroom.
As a student, you will:
- Examine classroom, school and community contexts and use information to plan and design learning experiences.
- Develop and use classroom management strategies that support student learning and encourage positive social interaction.
- Use multiple methods of assessment to monitor learning and inform instruction.
- Apply subject matter pedagogical skills in authentic settings and continually reflect on and evaluate the effects of decisions and actions on others.
- Create learning experiences that make subject matter accessible and comprehensible to students.
- Differentiate instruction based on the needs of students.
Ways to Get Started
Brandman has taught me a lot about teaching to different levels of students.
There are definite financial advantages to getting a master’s degree. You have the ability to max out on the pay scale. Initially, this was a motivator for me, but once I got into my master’s program and saw how I could apply what I was learning in my classroom, it wasn’t about the money so much anymore.
Imagine Your Future In Teaching: Single Subject
Results for [location name]
Top Organizations Hiring
Data source: Economic Modeling, LLC (Emsi) /
The pathway information provided through this website are based in part on U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data that is licensed by Brandman University from Emsi. While Brandman University believes this data to be reliable as a whole, some of the data is based on estimates made by Emsi, when actual data is not available. Those estimates and the corresponding data may not be accurate.
1. Change in employment projections 2016 - 2026
2. Based on BLS Occupational Employment Statistics and updated quarterly
一道本不卡免费高清Applicants to the teaching credential program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- Completed application
- Statement of Intent
- Three recommendation forms
- GPA: Meet 1 of these 3 for admission
- Official transcripts showing a conferred Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Proof of a passing score on the CBEST or any CTC approved basic skills tests
The teaching credential program is only available to California residents
Applicants transferring from another institution's teaching credential program must supply a letter from that institution's Education Department attesting to the applicant's good standing in the program. The letter should be written on institutional letterhead by the Dean, department chair, director of teacher education, or someone in a similar position
Candidates interested in the following credentials: Education Specialist, single subject or multiple subject teaching credentials, must prove subject matter competency by providing evidence that they have registered for, taken or passed the appropriate subject matter examination (CSET) prior to admission to the program